Monday, October 8, 2018

Thank you, Prof. McCombs

I recently got an interesting Google Scholar alert for a citation for my previous research findings. 

It updated me about this book from 2017: Setting Agendas in Cultural Markets by P. Bantimaroudis, and that my work was cited by Prof. Emeritus Maxwell McCombs in the prolog (introduction) for this book. 


Maxwell McCombs Nirit Weiss-Blatt


I’m truly honored, lucky and grateful.

Prof. McCombs is the founding father of the Agenda-Setting theory. Our meeting at the University of Texas at Austin on May 14th, 2013, was crucial to my research on the tech agenda. 

The thought-provoking discussion with him was the reason I added network analysis to my research (to examine the Network Agenda Setting model).

I appreciate it greatly and can’t thank him enough for his ongoing support


Maxwell McCombs Nirit Weiss-BlattMaxwell McCombs Nirit Weiss-Blatt
The pictures were taken at the Belo Center for New MediaMoody College 
of Communication, the University of Texas at Austin. 
Left: May 2013. Right: February 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment